Find the answer to your Linux question:
smb error.jpg Hi All, On this morning my redhat OS become some different...My network all can't access(Refer image above)...help>.< The icon become other icon...not like usual smb icon.. Is anyone ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[HELP]My Network user Could'nt display..The location is not a folder..

smb error.jpg

Hi All,

On this morning my redhat OS become some different...My network all can't access(Refer image above)...help>.< The icon become other icon...not like usual smb icon..
    Is anyone know what is the problem?

Trusted Penguin
    Hello and welcome!

That image is too small (for me) to be useful. Can you upload an image to ImageShack or Flickr or something, and post the link to it here? You won't be able to insert links into posts yet, but you can get around that by substituting http for hxxp.

Also, can you try and put into words exactly what your problem is - I don't understand the icon become other icon, for example.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Hello and welcome!

That image is too small (for me) to be useful. Can you upload an image to ImageShack or Flickr or something, and post the link to it here? You won't be able to insert links into posts yet, but you can get around that by substituting http for hxxp.

Also, can you try and put into words exactly what your problem is - I don't understand the icon become other icon, for example.
    Hi atreyu,

First of all, i would like to apologize due to my english is very poor.
    Everyday i'm using redhat to access my storage.

Network>smb-workgroup-NPID6E118

But since from yesterday, when i access to my storage, it came out error (refer below image).
    Untitled.jpg[Click Image for large view]

So i have no idea what's going on ? Could you help me on this issue?
    Thanks!

Regards,
    Rays

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    Okay, so you are using Red Hat Enterprise Linux, I guess. Do you know the version? You can get that info by opening a terminal and typing:
    Code:
    cat /etc/redhat-release
    so to your problem - did you install anything recently that might have contributed to this problem? Are updates running automatically?

You are trying to access a samba share on a Windows box, I assume. Do you have the hostname (is it NPID6E118?) or ip address of it? Do you know if you need specific username/password authentication to access the share?

Try this command in a terminal, to access the samba share:
    Code:
    smbclient -L NPID6E118
    Also, make sure you can ping the ip address of the samba host (not that that will prove anything, b/c ping can be blocked, but often isn't):
    Code:
    ping <ipaddress>