Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello guys, I'm very new to Linux world I started using beginner guides for commands, simple copy/paste and such, updating my Kali with apt-get. When I first installed the Kali ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry No sound in Kali Linux AMD64

Hello guys, I'm very new to Linux world I started using beginner guides for commands, simple copy/paste and such, updating my Kali with apt-get. When I first installed the Kali I had flawless sound in Youtube videos but distorted in VLC so I could not watch my movies, while trying to fix this searching for 5 hours I managed to kill all the sound, I think this is due to me setting something wrong in Sound preferences, and that would be ok because I could revert this but now when I click on Sound preferences (the one on top right corner) It doesn't do anything at all! Its frustrating because I'd now like to chill out watch a movie after constantly expanding my Linux knowledge and I can't!

Edit: Ok, I got frustrated enough to forget to fix the problem which is probably a fail on my part but I couldnt stand it, I have reinstalled the whole Kali and set everything up from scratch!
    I Actually managed to fix the first tumor which was all about sound distortion in VLC (fuzzy sounds etc) For those who have same problem,
    Solution:
    1. Open VLC Player
    2. Tools > Preferences
    3. Click on Audio
    4. Under "Output" select ALSA audio output
    5. Click "Save"

Now I dont have to look for alternatives to fix this problem and so I wont encounter problems which frustrate me to the point where I need to reinstall system!

If any of you guys know solution to my first question write it here for the future people encountering the same problem
    Last edited by Nieskapizm; 07-06-2013 at 09:45 PM.