Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm very new to Linux and I have installed qTorrent, what I did was download the .deb file and used dkpg -i FILENAME.deb, It asked me to install some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Where are my programs that I have just installed

Hello, I'm very new to Linux and I have installed qTorrent, what I did was download the .deb file and used dkpg -i FILENAME.deb, It asked me to install some dependencies so I did and installed the qTorrent again, but the problem is now I don't know where it is and how can I make a shortcut to that program or how to find it and use Terminal to execute it, can you guys please explain this to me? I've searched google but the ones listed are either not for Debian or they don't help me.

Code:
    which qtorrent
    Code:
    locate qtorrent
    Code:
    whereis qtorrent
    are a few you can use in Debian.

to launch from terminal

Code:
    qtorrent
    to launch from run/gexec
    Code:
    qtorrent
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

From where did you download qtorrent? Its not even available in Debian Sources. You should install qbittorrent instead.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Ok thanks, you rokytnji I've used these command and every one works but locate command shows so much directories its tough one, btw it did not work before I dunno why, it was looking like it was searching for it but in the end didnt show anything. Again thank you.

locate searches for all files with the specified name, not just commands. It also picks up longer filenames that contain the specified string. It can be very useful, but for commands, which and whereis are better.

Did you expect your newly installed program to appear as an icon on your desktop? This is standard procedure in Windows installs but not in Linux; most Linux users would consider it rude for a program to plop itself onto their desktop without permission. It should appear in your desktop menu, but if you want a shortcut for one-click access, you must make one yourself. Most window managers allow you to do this by right-clicking on the desktop.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com