Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I fixed the original broken pipe by installing xservice=xorg that brought everything back and made Ubuntu 12.04 pretty again but know it takes up so much of my graphics ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with open GL

So I fixed the original broken pipe by installing xservice=xorg that brought everything back and made Ubuntu 12.04 pretty again but know it takes up so much of my graphics card I can't play doomsday or open arena which were a little jerky before I have a Toshiba Satellite c855=s5123 so it's entry level basic but like I said it worked before can I do anything to the open GL system to speed things up or should I move to a lightweight distribution like crunch bang
    Thanks for the help

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    There have been some updates to xorg lately that have caused some problems. Have you tried reverting to an older xorg version to see if the problem persists?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    i updated my system to 12.1 that didnt do a whole lot so i spent 2 hours in a local restraunt upgradeing to 13.04 and it seems to be better also it fixed 5 brocken opengl pacckages that were from my pc turning off half way through a install im not so sure if its solved yet i havent felt out the system yet so im planning on a duel boot with windoz for my hobby radio software i spent a fortune on but thats not gonna happen unless this problem doesent work out in updates but i game opensource games mainly so thers no reason to complicate things by trying to get them to run in win 8 also my htc1x wont transfer data in ubuntu anymore another reason to duel boot so anyways ive got alot to think about
    if you have any suggestions i would be apricetive
    thanks