Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello guys, this is my first post here, surprised with the existence of such wonderful community and hope to be a useful part of it. i have 3 years of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question just started my way on Linux administration , need help

Hello guys,
    this is my first post here, surprised with the existence of such wonderful community and hope to be a useful part of it.
    i have 3 years of experience working a web developer when i discovered that i'm really in love with Linux and i decided to switch my career towards Linux administration, i have a not-bad knowledge as a regular user with very basic administrative tasks that i got through while deploying / testing my web projects.
    what i am trying to find is a sort of "detailed list" of tasks i should be able to do in order to be qualified enough to apply for a full time entry level Linux administrator job, i went through some books like "Linux Bible" and VTC tutorials, but i prefer a task-oriented approach, any advice will be appreciated , thanks !

Best Regards
    H.M.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Have a look at the LPI requirements, if you can handle them then you should be OK. If you pass the exams then even better. Also take a look at the Red Hat requirements which will help. RHCSA and RHCE.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    thanks a lot , i am checking them now ... would still like to hear more opinions

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    You could start working on login scripts or even pre login scripts.
    Different distros and versions use a variety of display managers (DMs). Learning the locations of the startup across our how to point to a startup script in CentOS and Fedora as well as Debian and Ubuntu.
    I learned a lot about this trying to get Synergy working at the login screen so I could use one mouse and keyboard to login on all three of my Synergy machines.