Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Normally I would do a better job editing my screen shots but I barily can get into my files. I had to install an USB mount program just to get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Normally I would do a better job editing my screen shots but I barily can get into my files.

I had to install an USB mount program just to get into one of my usb drives.

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryshock View Post
    Thank you for sharing this with me.

I'm a little confused though. Here is what they say to do:

Open a terminal
    Type gksu gedit /etc/apt/sources.list to edit the list of repositories (replace “gedit” with “pluma” if you are running MATE, or with “kate” if you are running KDE)
    Remove any line which contains “medibuntu” in it and save the file
    Type apt update in the terminal

What do you put in for Cinnamon? I'm so new to this I don't know what the following terms are: “gedit” with “pluma” MATE "kate” KDE and “medibuntu” Could you explain please?
    Medibuntu (Multimedia, Entertainment & Distractions In Ubuntu) was a community-maintained repository of Debian packages that could not be included in the Ubuntu distribution for legal reasons.
    gedit, pluma and kate are text editors. Word processors put formatting characters in files they edit, which causes problems with configuration files. So we use text editors.
    AFAIK Cinnamon uses gedit, so you can use that command as is.
    Mike

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Mike View Post
    Medibuntu (Multimedia, Entertainment & Distractions In Ubuntu) was a community-maintained repository of Debian packages that could not be included in the Ubuntu distribution for legal reasons.
    gedit, pluma and kate are text editors. Word processors put formatting characters in files they edit, which causes problems with configuration files. So we use text editors.
    AFAIK Cinnamon uses gedit, so you can use that command as is.
    Mike
    Thank you for your help and explanation. I decided to download Mint Cinnamon 16, and install it instead. That seemed to clear of this issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2