Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a major issue with screen rendering, when showing some window that has multiple tabs like firefox or settings of something the view gets stuck and doesn't refresh ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Display issues with Nvidia

Hi,

I have a major issue with screen rendering, when showing some window that has multiple tabs like firefox or settings of something the view gets stuck and doesn't refresh the current display so unless i move my mouse over it or move the window or something it doesn't show the current view, sometimes even when scrolling.

I'm Running Xfce with Compiz but i think the issue is with the drivers, i have a gtx570 card and when i disabled the nvidia drivers and installed the Nouveau driver i didn't have these issues so something in the nvidia drivers is causing that.

Any ideas?

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    You don't say which distribution you are running but in Mint 17 Xfce with Compiz and Emerald window decorator is fine with a GT 610 and the 331.38 drivers.

There was one point when it went completely mad, to the point I couldn't even begin to describe what it was doing but dropping back to the Xfce window manager, rebooting and then restarting compiz seems to have fixed it.

Alt + F2 and enter xfwm4 --replace, reboot and then Alt + F2 and enter compiz --replace.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptaz View Post
    Hi,

I have a major issue with screen rendering, when showing some window that has multiple tabs like firefox or settings of something the view gets stuck and doesn't refresh the current display so unless i move my mouse over it or move the window or something it doesn't show the current view, sometimes even when scrolling.

I'm Running Xfce with Compiz but i think the issue is with the drivers, i have a gtx570 card and when i disabled the nvidia drivers and installed the Nouveau driver i didn't have these issues so something in the nvidia drivers is causing that.

Any ideas?
    Usually it is the other way around!
    What version of the nVidia drivers are you using? Also, which Linux distribution+version+kernel are you running?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks For all the help! Managed to solve the issue by using Compiz Workarounds.