Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

eeebuntu 3.0 for eeepc 1025c

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have a question and I hope someone can help me. I have an Asus EeePC 1025c that I recently installed eeebuntu 3.0 on. The EeePC had no operating system on it prior to eeebuntu being installed. The installation went well, it initially appeared everything was fine. When I tried to connect to wifi, it says it could not enable wifi radio. I unplugged the cable from my router wireless router an directly into the EeePc, it did not recognize the connection. Everything I have read on the forums indicates there is a fix to the wifi driver, but an internet connection is needed. Right now, it seems like I have tried everything. Is there a way I can load a driver onto a USB stick then upload it from there? Please help. I am a novice at this, so please explain it to me like I am a three year old.

I do not have such a computer and my crystal ball is in for warranty repairs. So you have to tell us what wireless hardware you have ... or you can wait until someone who owns "eeepc 1025c" chimes in.

eeebuntu is pretty DEAD - hasn't been updated for 8 years!!!

please choose a current distro, e.g. for old computers.
    I am not a "Linux Guru"! Get off me! The Forum software won't let me change it!
    How to ask smart questions | Don't be a Help Vampire | How to Use Code Tags
    You can post a link by removing "http://www." from it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Any suggestions? At first glance it looks like it is running fine, but none of the features work. I am unable switch on bluetooth, the webcam, nothing works. Again, I am a novice at this and learning as I go. Thanks for the help.

and what is this ominous "it"?

hint:
    please read this. in its entirety.
    I am not a "Linux Guru"! Get off me! The Forum software won't let me change it!
    How to ask smart questions | Don't be a Help Vampire | How to Use Code Tags
    You can post a link by removing "http://www." from it.