Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    There is wifi driver for Linux, not for Manjaro or Antargos. What wifi device is this, USB or PCI? Please provide the hardware ID.
    I read that my Wifi is already supported in the latest Linux kernel, Yesterday I spent a lot of time on Fedora, Manjaro and Antargos which they have the latest kernel but my wifi never worked

Regards

It may be as simple as installing required firmware. No telling without your cooperation.

It may be as simple as installing required firmware. No telling without your cooperation.
    I am sorry but you read only my second replay, My WiFi is BCM4360 PCIe.

Regards

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I asked for hardware ID, PCI ID or USB ID. Model does not mean much, vendors change chipsets sometimes and keep selling under same name.
    Nevertheless, https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Broadcom_wireless

I asked for hardware ID, PCI ID or USB ID. Model does not mean much, vendors change chipsets sometimes and keep selling under same name.
    Thanks again for the rich information, I will try to find the hardware ID and post it tomorrow because the PC not with me now.

Thanks again and good night

Linux Guru
    so is this a "best distro" request, or a wireless problem help thread?
    in case of the latter, please provide the information requested here: https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=24

No it's not about Wifi, after the helpful infos here I found that the new kernel distros work good on my PC, Ubuntu and mint for example work with a lot of system problems, when I start when I work when I update always I see a problem to report it.

But with up to date distros like Fedora it works very fast and very beautiful but it has driver problems, for example no Wifi with many distros, with Fedora no wifi and when I installed Nvidia after log in Fedora say not able to load bla bla and it was very slow, there was not graphic driver, after many hours of working and searching I could't fix it.

Regards

There are several guides how to install nVidia drivers in Fedora. And there is no shortage of Linux wireless guides.
    Both can be tricky with regular distros. The only distro I know where everything is simple is Gentoo, because since you do everything by hand you know exactly what's going on.
    Anyhow, to get proper support please choose one of those guides and try to follow it. Let us know which one you are using and when you get stuck describe the situation precisely. What command you executed, what was the response, use pastebin sites to post logs, etc. See, the problem is we are not there looking over your shoulder.

There are several guides how to install nVidia drivers in Fedora. And there is no shortage of Linux wireless guides.
    Both can be tricky with regular distros. The only distro I know where everything is simple is Gentoo, because since you do everything by hand you know exactly what's going on.
    Anyhow, to get proper support please choose one of those guides and try to follow it. Let us know which one you are using and when you get stuck describe the situation precisely. What command you executed, what was the response, use pastebin sites to post logs, etc. See, the problem is we are not there looking over your shoulder.

Thanks a lot for your time, first I think I found the hardware ID of my Wifi:
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43A0&SUBSYS_85DF1043&REV_03
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43A0&SUBSYS_85DF1043
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43A0&CC_028000
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43A0&CC_0280

For Fedora I installed RPMfusion free and non free then I used this (I can't post links because I am new user): rpmfusion . org / Howto / NVIDIA

Most of my problems look like it's happen only with me, for example I asked on Ubuntu forums about (Difference between the clock and the high-resolution timer) no answers since one month: askubuntu . com / questions / 1009246 / difference-between -the - clock - and - the-hrt-make-problems-with-many-apps-and-online

About Wifi there are an old questions from users but they say it was solved by newer Kernel.

Regards

-->
    https://www.if-not-true-then-false.c...-nvidia-guide/

This is one guide for nVidia, seems to be fresh, not using the conventional method, though.

The PCI ID is shown when you run lspci -nn. In example below it is 8086:15b8.
    Code:
    00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V [8086:15b8] (rev 31)