Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post

This is one guide for nVidia, seems to be fresh, not using the conventional method, though.

The PCI ID is shown when you run lspci -nn. In example below it is 8086:15b8.
    Code:
    00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V [8086:15b8] (rev 31)
    I made one Cafe and installed Fedora, now I finished my favorite browser setup, my Wifi ID is:
    Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Limited BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:43a0] (rev 03)

I will start installing NVIDIA now.

Thanks

This is one guide for nVidia, seems to be fresh, not using the conventional method, though.

The PCI ID is shown when you run lspci -nn. In example below it is 8086:15b8.
    Code:
    00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V [8086:15b8] (rev 31)

Thank you very much, NVIDIA is working now Fedora become faster and smother, now I will keep searching for the WiFi and if you find something please tell me.

Regards.

Done

Wifi also working, Thanks for everyone helped me here and special thanks to Segfault.

The WiFi solved by following: gist.github.com/jamespamplin/7a803fd5be61d4f93e0c5dcdea3f99ee

Regards

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Good job! And thank you for posting your solution.

-->
    Good job! And thank you for posting your solution.
    I am sorry but I still have some questions:

1- On any new kernel Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 17.10 after kernel update) I see this black screen with many errors directly before the login screen, is this a problem?

IMG_0182.jpg

2- After I installed NVIDIA the animations on Fedora became very nice, smoother and fast (The apps menu etc) but Google Chrome in browsing not good, kind of slow or freezing or something, specially with sites use animations like iCloud, but Chrome was working better on Ubuntu and Debian, any ideas about that?

I made Geekbench for many OS on my PC with the same settings and Fedora is the best if you are interested you can visit my profile to see the results : browser.geekbench.com/user/149045

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Meky; 03-05-2018 at 08:21 AM.