Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I've got it working, quite by accident while testing it on a newly set up account (which didn't make any difference in this instance but I'll remember it for next time something like that goes wrong, thanks for the tip Segfault). I still don't know why it's like that or when the bug got in, but I've got it working.

It seems that you can actually open those menus by clicking on the icons with either the left or the right mouse button, and to select an item on the menu you must click with the same mouse button. Left followed by left works. Right followed by right works. Left followed by right doesn't work. Right followed by left doesn't work. I'd naturally been opening the menus with the right button (that being how you usually open context menus) and then clicking on the items with the left button.

RSIBreak working pretty well now, except that the "Skip/Postpone" buttons aren't appearing even though I set them to, but that's a separate thing and clearly RSIBreak's fault - I'll ask the makers about that if I can be bothered.

Does anyone else find this, especially if you're running Zorin 9/Ubuntu Trusty? I'm curious now!

Incidentally, I checked and other context menus, e.g. in GEdit, don't do this - you can open them with the right button and then select an item with either button, as normal - so evidently this isn't a bug in Zorin/Ubuntu's general idea of how to do context menus.

-->
    Since I'm passing I thought I'd mark this one solved and say I did find a solution to this one, quite by accident while testing it. I still don't know why it's like that or when the bug got in, but I've got it working.

It seems that you can actually open those menus by clicking on the icons with either the left or the right mouse button, and to select an item on the menu you must click with the same mouse button. Left followed by left works. Right followed by right works. Left followed by right doesn't work. Right followed by left doesn't work. I'd naturally been opening the menus with the right button (that being how you usually open context menus) and then clicking on the items with the left button.