Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi there. I am trying to burn a CD with K3b. I went through the setup but the burn icon does'nt lite up all the time and when it does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CD burning

Hi there. I am trying to burn a CD with K3b. I went through the setup but the burn icon does'nt lite up all the time and when it does and I try to burn it tells me to install a device driver. there are plenty in the list but hey I'm an windows brainwashed double clicker. HELP ! [/b]

rkhicks@yt.sympatico.ca

Run cdrecord --scanbus and lsmod (as root) in a konsole and post the output.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!

Cd burning

And just how do you do that... you will have to spell it out. I have only been using Linux for a week. Mandrake 9.1 thanks

While in X, hit ALT+F2 to bring up the Run dialog, then type in konsole. From there, just enter the commands in italics from my last post. Then you can select it with your mouse, right-click and copy.

Just Joined!
    Me again... When I try to run scanbus it says no such command. cdreord says no cd/dvd recorder specified.

Just Joined!
    I can burn cd's with x cdroast but K3b seems to be sensitive. In the settings it doen't see my burner or Cd rom. but during the k3b setup it does and it can't find cd record or cdrado ect.

The command is cdrecord --scanbus all at once. But that really doesn't matter if you can burn with xcdroast. Browse the options of xcdroast and see what burning program it uses (cdrecord, cdrdao, etc.).

Just Joined!

XCDROAST

Are you trying to start it from a command prompt. I'm sorry I didn't get the distro and version you are running. If in redhat 9 it should allow you to pick (tells you to run) setup and lets you configure your cdrwriter.

anotherthing. To get a better feel for the xcdroast command just read the man page for the xcdroast it tells you all about the scanbus how when and where to use the command.

get familiar with man(manual) pages, they are your bread and butter. If you cant figure sh#$t out go straight to the documentation. It will help you alot on your journey to see OZ.

Just Joined!
    After typing cdrecord-scanbus in many different forms it still says bad command

cdrecord-scanbus / cdrecord scanbus / cdrecord--scanbus / and all in reverses.

X-cdroast uses cdrecord.. I also notice that K3b does not reconize my floppy drive.

Maybe I am missing something. In the Settings it now sees my Reader and Writer but the burn Icon still does not lite up nor does the floppy.

If xcdroast uses cdrecord and burns, then we know that your burner is recognized and works, so it has to be a setting in K3b somewhere. I'm not familiar with K3b, so my only advice is to just use xcdroast or try arson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast