Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, I am new to the site, so I thought that I would say a quick hello. I have a few questions regarding Linux Certification and Training courses, what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New User with some questions

Hello All,

I am new to the site, so I thought that I would say a quick hello.

I have a few questions regarding Linux Certification and Training courses, what is the best forum to post them in?

Cheers

Logic..

Linux Guru
    Hiya, welcome to the site.

Post them here, or in the Misc section

Jason

Just Joined!
    Ok here are my questions, well I need a bit of advice really.

At work we currently run a Compaq ES40 with TRU64 Unix. We are moving over to a Linux cluster in a few months which I will need to Administer.

I have about 3 years of basic Unix experience, nothing too hard. I have also had a quick look at Red Hat Linux, but not enough to say I have experience with it.

Once the Cluster is installed I will have total control of it as our IT Manager has been made redundant and I have taken over, I am after some advice on the best training course to go on. I will need a basic course that will also go into more detail as it goes on.

Is it worth doing a course that will give me LPI Level1 certification?

What companies are the best for training and certification in the Essex / London area?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Logic..

Linux Guru
    Have you looked at the Course that RedHat provide themselves?

http://www.europe.redhat.com/training/

Jason

Just Joined!
    I have had a quick look into it but I think that it would be better to do a generic Linux course as we have not decided what version of Linux that we are going to use.

It will be one of two I think, Red Hat is one of them, the other is MSC.Linux.

I have been in contact woth Training Camp & GB Direct about their courses, has anyone delt with either of these companies before?

Has anyone else been on a Linux training course before? Did you get certified at the end of it?