Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do I change the terminal language when new hardware was detected at boot up? It is now in chinese but since it is not displayed correctly under test mode. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Hardware setup Terminal language

How do I change the terminal language when new hardware was detected at boot up? It is now in chinese but since it is not displayed correctly under test mode.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules

Linux Guru
    I don't understand precisely what you mean. What "test mode" is it that you're referring to?

Linux User
    u noe when system boots up, there is a hardware detection procedure, when i install a new hardware, it probes me to choose option, there I can see messed up chinese characters coding cause I set my default language to Chinese, so how do i change it to English, I am not talking about GUI. u noe what i mean?

thanks for yr help.

Linux Guru
    Ah, are you talking about kudzu? In that case it's very possible that it won't work, for in RedHat, kudzu is started before the console is set up. Either remove kudzu from your startup (which I always do anyway since it takes so long) and run in manually every time you change your hardware (or do the software changes manually, that's up to you), or move it to be after keytable in the startup order.

Linux User
    oh, cheers mate!