Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I have 5 icons that appeared on my desktop after trying to configure my digital camera with the above program.........Using KDE with Mandrake 9.1 by the way. Tried to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gtkam - Desktop Icons - KDE

Hello,

I have 5 icons that appeared on my desktop after trying to configure my digital camera with the above program.........Using KDE with Mandrake 9.1 by the way. Tried to delete these icons and "access denied, insufficient permissions".........logged in as root via a terminal and tried to delete.no luck, then I went to the user/Bin/apps/Kdesktop/etc............etc.........and found them there, deleted them. Went back to my desktop, "refreshed it", still there, tried to rightclick and delete, told"these files / directories no longer exist".............ARGH.............

Any help / suggestions appreciated..........

Will

Linux User
    Hmmm, interesting.
    Here's my suggestion:
    Create the entries back in your /user/Bin/apps/Kdesktop/etc folder for each one that you deleted and still appears on the desktop. Then set the permissions on each one as rwx for everyone (chmod 777). Then try deleting them from the desktop again.
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Isn't it the kde.cfg file that you would want to chmod to -777 ? For his distro the easier way to find that or any file is "find -name kde.cfg" ?
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the info, I will attempt that once I get home and away from this WINDOZE......work pc..........lol.

Regards
    Will