Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm still somewhat new to linux, but I've got RedHat 8.0 working with all my devices perfectly. I don't want to just stop now though, I want to learn more...so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

what do I do now...?

I'm still somewhat new to linux, but I've got RedHat 8.0 working with all my devices perfectly. I don't want to just stop now though, I want to learn more...so should I try a supposedly harder distro now like slackware or gentoo, or just keep using Redhat?

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Depends on your own goals. Do you want to become a expert level as a user, network tech, database analyist, programmer, etc....

If you want to be able to install, upgrade and customize Linux then maybe your ready for learning the way other distributions work, if not stay with RH until you are. I can't think of anything major that cannot be done on a RH distro. But the same is true for most if not all of other distributions/distro's of Linux.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

That's the beauty of linux. Once you can run one distro, you won't have much of a problem running any other distro. The biggest difference is the default installation method for programs (RPM, portage, etc.).

But like flw said, what you do next is really up to you and depends on your goals as a linux user.

Welcome to the light side, btw.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy