Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am a newbie in Linux.I get the error init not found while booting.It suugests me to pass init= option to kernel.Please suggest what should be done regards mathewvp...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

kernel panic:init not found

Hi,
    I am a newbie in Linux.I get the error init not found while booting.It suugests me to pass init= option to kernel.Please suggest what should be done

regards
    mathewvp

Just Joined!
    have you made any changes to the hardware since you installed linux?

likley culprits could be changing your hard drive from secondry to primary, or vice versa. also, changing your partitions can sometime change the number set to the partition you are using as a root partitions, casuing no init to be found.

anyway, say what you have changed, or if it just never worked at all and we might be able to think of a solution.

if you know the number of the partition your linux install is on (the root partition) then try booting from a recue disk and passing 'mount root=/dev/hda2' (where /dev/hda2 is your root partition) to the kernel on boot.

i can't give any other adivce than that without more information about what you have / havn't done.

Just Joined!
    Thanks dreamer,
    Yes,I connected the hard disk as secondary master.Before it was connected as primary master.
    Now its working.Thanx

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    good good. you should be able to edit your bootloader's config to math your hard drive arangment.

provided you havn't done that allready of course :P