Find the answer to your Linux question:
This one is easy-why cant i install things where i want them to be-rpms dont give any choice to me-my linux partition is close to full-on 2. disk i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

install

This one is easy-why cant i install things where i want them to be-rpms dont give any choice to me-my linux partition is close to full-on 2. disk i have partition- i would like to use-why is it that if i install games on other then usr... they dont work.i installed ssam2 and wolf:rtcw-but they only work in usr...-i waNT to use 2. part.-it says smthing about file cant be found or smthing?
    Help

Linux Guru

Re: install

Quote Originally Posted by filip
    This one is easy-why cant i install things where i want them to be-rpms dont give any choice to me-my linux partition is close to full-on 2. disk i have partition- i would like to use-why is it that if i install games on other then usr... they dont work.i installed ssam2 and wolf:rtcw-but they only work in usr...-i waNT to use 2. part.-it says smthing about file cant be found or smthing?
    Help
    Not sure i fully understand?

RPM's dont generally give you a choice of installation locations, as this information is pre-built into the RPM as far as i am aware. If you want customised installations of software, then generally it is the case of compiling from source, modifiying makefiles etc along the way.

Im not sure if you did manage to get software installed someware else? then it said file not found? if you did manage to install the software to another partition, then try running the software, but instead of using the program name alone, provide the full path to the executable as well. Eg, if you want to run "progxyz" normally you can just type "progxyz" anyware at the prompt and it will run, this time, type "/path/to/prog/progxyz", where "path/to/prog/" is the directory you installed it in.

Jason