Find the answer to your Linux question:
The thing is, I've got a G&E Easycam, and there's no drivers or anything on the G&E website, and I wasn't able to see if it was supported by Mandrake(the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Is there a generic webcam driver for Linux?

The thing is, I've got a G&E Easycam, and there's no drivers or anything on the G&E website, and I wasn't able to see if it was supported by Mandrake(the distro I'm using right now)

Does anyone know if there's some sort of generic webcam driver that supports a wide range of them? Thanks in advance.

Linux Guru
    What interface is it? USB? In that case, check out the following drivers, that are in the vanilla kernel source trees and therefore should come with your distro:
    ibmcam
    konicawc
    ov511
    pwc
    se401
    stv680
    vicam
    dsbr100

From a search on google, it seems that the ov511 driver is the most probable to work.
    Would it be possible for you to dismantle it and see what chipset it uses?

On a sidenote, revolve, wasn't it you who made this nice Linux banner in the GIMP before? Sykkn recently came up with the idea of a new logo for linuxforums.org, but noone seems to be able to actually make one. Do you have any ideas? You might want to look up the thread in the General forum.