Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently bought r.h 8. I installed it (through many crashes) and finally settled down. I started adding all the packages that I didn't install in the installation. It works ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Adding Packages

I recently bought r.h 8. I installed it (through many crashes) and finally settled down. I started adding all the packages that I didn't install in the installation. It works until it starts to install open office. It will never install, i tried it in gnome and kde, nothing worked. It always comes up w/ "Unknown Error". Please help a guy that got a 60 gb hdd today so i can FINALY dual boot.

Linux Guru
    Where in the process does this error show up? Are you completely sure that it just says "Unknown Error" without the possibility of getting more information? Although it does go in line with all these things that redhat have done lately (I'm beginning to dislike them more and more), it's so "un-unix" that it's still hard for me to believe it.

Just Joined!
    well, i fixed it. LOL. I just poped in the cd and instead of going through the menu i just opened up the package itself, and it worked. Thankyou though!

Linux User
    Can you really fix something if it's never broken?
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

Linux Enthusiast
    that is one of those zen questions like "what is the sound of one hand clapping" Weird, eh?
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.