Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am very new to Linux and just installed Linux RedHat 9 on my IBM Thinkpad 600E, but the installation did not recognize my D-Link 650+ Air-plus wireless network card, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing a D-Link DWL-650+ Air-Plus Wireless network card?

I am very new to Linux and just installed Linux RedHat 9 on my IBM Thinkpad 600E, but the installation did not recognize my D-Link 650+ Air-plus wireless network card, nor does it see it in the configuration screen in X.

I have looked for tutorials for instructions on how to make Linux recognize and use it, but have turned up things that I really don't understand.

Can anyone here break down the procedure to do this to layman's terms and a linux newbie's level?

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    Anyone?

Sorry, just saw your post.

When you say that the install does not recognize your screen, what results do you get? Does it boot, but you get a text only screen? If so, try logging on (as root) and entering xf86config which is a text X configuration utility (initially go for the lowest resolutions, just to get it up and running).

Also check out this posting :-

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...nk+650+Airplus

have fun

Nerderello

Just Joined!
    the card is not supported in linux as of yet.. i have the same card and am going to have to buy a different one because of this.