Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok, im very n00bie. i just dled from eipcz website the unreal tourney demo and unzipped all the files onto desktop. now how do i install or run it???? tnx ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ahh help

ok, im very n00bie. i just dled from eipcz website the unreal tourney demo and unzipped all the files onto desktop. now how do i install or run it???? tnx a lot--> ive never got a game to run on linux..minux the preinstalled ones. and my os is mandrake 9.1

having unzipped (untared) the files, you should expect to find a README or a Readme.1st or an INtsall file that will give you instructions. You open this file up in your favorite editor or do a 'cat filename' in a terminal window.

The usual process is -
    1) Optionally you do a

./configure

from within a terminal window while being in the sub-directory (folder) that you unzipped the files into

2) Then, also in the terminal window and in the sub-directory that you unzipped into

make

This will run a whole bunch of compilation jobs for you

3) Then optionally, also in the terminal window and in the sub-directory that you unzipped into

make install

And then it's a case of running the binary (executable) that has been installed. But like I said at the begining, read the instructions that came with the game.

have fun

Nerderello