Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All already i installed .. Linux Redhat 8 on my pc ... but it can't detect my motorola Modem 56 and when i serached for a driver i found ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Motorola 56 on linux not detected

Hello All already i installed .. Linux Redhat 8 on my pc ... but it can't detect my motorola Modem 56 and when i serached for a driver i found a topic ask me to search for an old Kernel version and install .. i don't know how .. and if can .. download this kernel .. (or anything like a program or anyhting .. ) from the internet via a windows system and then use .. it on linux .. i think that it's a differnet type of file system so any one can help me thanks alot ...

I assuming that your modem is an internal PCI modem, in which case you're into the wonderful world of LINMODEMs (that's the Linux version of Winmodems).

Have a look at the site http://www.linmodems.org .

I have a Lucent chipped internal modem and have to install (using RPM) a driver which I get from a nice man in Germany. These particular drivers are keyed into the kernel version that I'm running, so you may have to do something similar (press Ctrl Alt F1 to get a text screen that will show you the kernel version - then Ctrl Alt F7 to jump back to the pretty gui).

hope that this helps

Nerderllo