Find the answer to your Linux question:
i tried to install winLinux on My laptop compaq presario 1200 xl326 and the vega card can't be detected what causes that the linux never logon correctly and it returns ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Laptop presario 1200 xl326 vega problem with linux ?

i tried to install winLinux on My laptop compaq presario 1200 xl326 and the vega card can't be detected what causes that the linux never logon correctly and it returns to the windows again .. i need to ask about a sol. for that and i also ask about if i'll install any other distr. like redhat 8 or mandrake 'll it cause the same problem .. thanks

Linux User
    Linux on laptops can be quite tricky to set up properly. Not only are most of the devices onboard, but they tend to have slighty more obscure chipsets than those found in PCs. Add to that the fact that laptops are remodeled every few months bby the manufactures, and it makes things interesting.

There are a handful of sites out there like this one:
    http://home8.inet.tele.dk/zinck/presario.html
    that describe successes and failures of installations.

g/l and keep us posted of any progress...
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

when it comes to laptops you will mostlikely run into problems because of the things mentioned in Copper's post above. but i would recommend you trying a more popular distro cause they mite have more of the bugs worked out for your laptop then winlinux. i have never really looked into winlinux so i cant help you much there.

check out this site also : http://www.linux-laptop.net/

and one more thing redhat 9 worked great on my toshiba laptop the only probablem i had was getting the sound to work but all that took was an upgrade of the kernal and upgrade some other packages that i have running.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!