Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all. Nice fourms ya have here. Not a simple question and I have yet to find an answer. I have recently installed SuSE 8.2 and am trying to get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Logitech MX500 button linking?

Hey all. Nice fourms ya have here.

Not a simple question and I have yet to find an answer.

I have recently installed SuSE 8.2 and am trying to get my MX500 mouse to work. It works fine for the Left/Right and scroll. But it causes the entire system to lockup if I click on the scrollup or down button.
    Problem is it has left, right, scroll (is this 3 buttons , scrollup, down, and middle click), and button up above scroll and button down below scroll and button below these buttons LOL. I assume its 8buttons or 10 buttons depending how you look at it. I can not get more then 7 to be detected at a time. Anyone have a solution to my problem I would be willing to buy ya a beer.

Other things I am gonna try to get running soon: DVD player, Divx Codec. I am in love with the DEV IDE thats provided and expect to spend hours playing with it tonight. If I dont freeze the system by clicking the wrong mouse button that is.

Just Joined!
    Can anyone help me? Please???

Just Joined!
    suse 8.2 uses the 2.4.20 kernel? (correct me if i'm wrong)

as far as I am aware the mouse drivers will not support more than 7 buttons on a mouse. I'm afraid the only advice I can give is to use a different mouse, which may not be too much of a good thing for you.

sorry, i know it isn't the best of replys, but I thought I should try my best

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close