Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok you are all prolly sick of reading threads about n00bs like me mounting USB drives, this ones slightly different. i can mount a drive manually as root. but then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

fstab

ok you are all prolly sick of reading threads about n00bs like me mounting USB drives, this ones slightly different.

i can mount a drive manually as root. but then I dont have any permissions for it to copy files to it with konquerer. I can add a line to fstab, and i can copy files to it from konquerer but when i restart the line is gone. how do i make it stay?

when I format my camera using mkfs.msdos I can only take 30 pictures, instead of 44 and the files get corrupted, i can look at them on the camera, but i cant copy them onto a wind'ohz comp or my mp3-player with SD-card reader, they all get corrupted. I never tried copying them onto linux. I have tried mkfs.vfat, mkfs.msdos & mkfs.msdos -F 32 all the same, yet that command works perfectly for my mp3 player

My MP3 player (and possibly my camera too since it takes SD & Memory stick) have multiple drives on them, like my mp3 player has the built in HDD, SD, SM & CF slots. I can only ever get the HDD on my mp3 player to mount, I dont know about my camera as I only have a SD card in there and I am supposed to be getting a memory stick for it tomorrow. How do you mount the additional drives? i have tried adding a line to modules.conf

Code:
    options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=4
    but when I plug the mp3 player in only the first one (sda1) appears.

Just Joined!
    I got around this problem earlier today, but I didn't solve it.

In a terminal:

su
    konqueror &

This way, you're browsing Konqueror with a user id of root.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromatic Distortion
    I got around this problem earlier today, but I didn't solve it.

In a terminal:

su
    konqueror &

This way, you're browsing Konqueror with a user id of root.
    hmm thats a good idea (^.^) thanx