Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thats sounds great ! ! ! I hope it doesn't happen what I am thinking - I mean if I put the CD and nothing happen then I have to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thats sounds great ! ! !

I hope it doesn't happen what I am thinking - I mean if I put the CD and nothing happen then I have to go through all this u know.....

Thats why i bought the book so I get the material that I am looking for.

Thanks for your help .....

JT

Just Joined!
    By default, I believe Fedora will leave any Windows XP installations alone. Wipe the harddrive you don't want before trying Linux. It'd probably be best if you booted into the XP installation you wanted and wiped the other drive from there. I'm quite sure it wouldn't be able to erase the drive with the running XP install on it, so that way you can make sure you're erasing the one you want. From there, install Fedora. Make sure to check what it's going to do to your disks before you commit. Like I said, I think it will leave Windows alone and add an entry in the bootloader config for it.

By the way, it's a fairly simple matter to restore the XP bootloader if grub screws up and you NEED to get back to Windows. Pop in the XP CD, boot from it, and go to the rescue console. Run the fixboot and fixmbr commands. Then you can try installing Fedora again .

Just Joined!
    I knew that there will be a way to install Linux with Win XP without fomatting my hard drive,

Here is the webstie which tells you step by step how to partition windows XP to make room for Linux on your computer..... I have liked this solution very much..... I wanted to share with you guys. Hopefully It will help EveryBody out there....

http://phoenix.csc.calpoly.edu/~kvoe.../dual-boot.cgi

Note: That I haven't go my FC installation CD's yet. But this solution will be top of my list.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU GUYS TRY AND IT WORKS....

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERY ONE FOR CHIPPIN IN THEIR THOUGHTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2