Find the answer to your Linux question:
Being a linux newb I've had some 'achievements' recently that made me happy. * installing Fedora 3 * mounting my fat32 partition and editing etc/fstab * configuring yum * (best ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

what makes you a proud linux user?

Being a linux newb I've had some 'achievements' recently that made me happy.

* installing Fedora 3
    * mounting my fat32 partition and editing etc/fstab
    * configuring yum
    * (best yet) installing my HP PSC 2510 printer which is connected wirelessly to the network.

Used the instructions here: http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/install.php for the printer but got error messages when I got to step 4 of the networking section. Figured out the URI of the printer and got it installed perfectly. Never been so happy to see a test page before

Now I just gotta figure out how to get xine to stop crashing or install mplayer to play dvd's.

So what achievement/event made you a proud linux user?

Linux Enthusiast
    The first "achievement" was switching everything at home (network, several pc's) over to Linux without real problems.

Not so great, but rewarding was the installation of my scsi scanner.
    It took some tweaking here and there but got it working (yeah).

What I also cherish is my RHCT, it gave me additional insights into Linux. Although is cost some money (paid for it myself), glad I took it.

getting gentoo installed at my first attempt!

I was totally expecting to have to install a coupla times to get it right.

Apart from that, there's been so many things that i have done that have put a smile on my gace, and made me get to love linux.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Linux User
    The first time was when I installed Linux. It has been couple of years since then so lots of things made me happy.
    Linux registered user #358842
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.

Linux Newbie
    had 2 try really hard 2 install linux finally did it.......
    that makes me proud coz at last i am using it and and now i surf the web on linux....
    Portability is for people who cannot programme

Linux Engineer
    1. When I first killed an application with the commandline, my windows-friend was sleeping over and we killed almost all the running prosesses on my FC1-box, and killed gdm 6 times in one hour...

2. Configuring the sound- and videocard manually and adding a user with the commandline after installing slackware, I just came from fedora...

Bringing my first Linux box (Redhat 7.2 IIRC) along with Quake 3 to a college LAN party and showing all the Wintel folks that Linux can frag too.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Bringing my first Linux box (Redhat 7.2 IIRC) along with Quake 3 to a college LAN party and showing all the Wintel folks that Linux can frag too.
    Haha that's cool. Did u kick their arses? I mean in killin em rather than in performance
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327