Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. I was wanting to know about a possible mail server setup, but was unsure of what I would need to this. In my network, there are 5 people ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mail Server, POP SMTP

Hi everyone. I was wanting to know about a possible mail server setup, but was unsure of what I would need to this. In my network, there are 5 people that have over 20 POP3 email accounts from various ISP's. Right now we use winblows Outlook setup with all the different accounts we have. I would like to setup a server that would download (and send) emails from these accounts and hold them on a local server on our network. That way when we check our email on our desktops, it would just download the emails from the local server instead. I'm not looking to setup a primary server that the mail gets delivered to, just a server that gets emails from the primary server. Is there any type of linux program that can do this ?

Just Joined!
    Have you had any luck? I am looking for exactly the same thing for the same reasons.

Just Joined!

Mail Server

I have not yet set up a mail server but I imagine the server on a Mandrake setup disk would do the job you require surely? I have seen the option to setup a mail server on my set of installation CD's. Have fun.

[/quote]

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    To get mail from the various ISP's and deliver them to a local mailbox you could use fetchmail or simular program.
    Sending mail is SMTP is Sendmail, Postfix, Exim, etc. Most distributions have a SMTP server in their default install.
    Pop3 and IMAP are available in the distro as well most of the times.