Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've got a Belkin USB memory stick reader (as in Sony Memory-Stick (tm) not flash drives) and 3 sticks worth of images i'd like to copy onto my HDD. How ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Avi
    Just Joined!

Reading from a memory stick in SuSE 9.2

I've got a Belkin USB memory stick reader (as in Sony Memory-Stick (tm) not flash drives) and 3 sticks worth of images i'd like to copy onto my HDD. How do i do this? So far as i can tell, it sees the stick in /media but it won't accept that there's anything on it. This is both using the Konsole and the GUI.
    Windows still recognises it (dual boot) which rules out the reader being at fault.

I'm not expecting it to be plug and play, but i can't find details anywhere of how to install it.

Just Joined!
    Hmm, I've never had a problem with my Sandisk memory stick. All I do is plug it in and click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop and it shows up there. It automatically mounts it as
    "/media/usb-SNDK7DC35400F0307805:0:0:0p1"
    to /dev/sde1.

I don't know if this helps at all, but that's all I have to do.

Does it show anything when you click My Computer?

Avi
    Just Joined!
    Sometimes it shows an icon for it, but then when i open it, it doesn't have anything in it.
    It's finding my flash drive automagically, and it doesn't seem to matter where i plug the reader into (any USB port or the hub), it'll still be tempermental.

I think i'll try it in windows again to double check i havent broken the thing since i last started up in windows.