Find the answer to your Linux question:
Apparently Ubuntu Linux is willing to send free CD's with the shipping and handling cost covered to people who register with their website. This is something that I considered TGTBT ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

ShipIt Ubuntu Linux - Too good to be true?

Apparently Ubuntu Linux is willing to send free CD's with the shipping and handling cost covered to people who register with their website. This is something that I considered TGTBT (too good to be true).

I want to know if anyone has had experience with their system. It seems perfect for me, but I'm not sure if it's a scam, or if they're trustworthy. I also don't like to give out my address.

But if someone can confirm its legitimacy, Ubuntu Linux, here I come!

http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org/

Linux Engineer
    I have registered about two weeks ago, I have made a 4gig ready so I can dual-boot with gentoo, just to check it out... I haven't recieved any CDs yet, but I havent recieved any bills or something neither...

Linux User
    I also sent in a request for Ubuntu CDs a few weeks ago. Haven't received anything yet, but I'll keep patient and wait. If they don't come, at least I know I won't be at a loss.

I can't say if it's good or not, but I'll find out sooner or later.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    I ordered them for Warty when the system first became available, so I was in the first shipment, supposedly. Despite that, they came about 3 months later from Europe, hopefully they'll get faster with each release.

I'm going to just download it from work this time around.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe

Linux Newbie
    Three months!? I think I'll just buy Debian off the internet, rather than be denied Linux for that long. I'll register anyway - nothing to lose.

Banned
    It took about 3 weeks for me... (and you could also just download the ISO, Ubuntu is very nice distro).

i registered a week ago to get my cd but if its coming from europe and takes three months dont think ill b interested in it when it gets here
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Registered Linux user # 376962

Linux User
    Yeah, I heard it took a lot less time for others, that's just what it took for me, and I ordered the first day it was possible. Go figure.
    Hopefully they've ironed out the wrinkle my order must have fallen into.

I decided to just order mine from linuxcd.org (along with kubuntu, Zen Core, Zen Gnome, BeatrIX, Vector, Arch, and Dragonfly) rather than face my employer's, as a windows user, acute paranoia of viruses. I got all those for $20, from Europe, and from past experience, I'll get them mid next week. I don't mind so much, Guillamo is probably a good enough guy, and I like helping the community support itself. Even if it doesn't get back to the distributors, his is a valuable service for dialup users such as myself.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe

I ordered my Ubuntu disks at easter, the week just before.... still no sign (yet)
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327