Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hellooo, i'm a noob to linux really, and i just installed mandrake 10.1, and the install was clean and easy enough. But when i go to boot linux, i start ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OK STUCK, Need ansiz

Hellooo, i'm a noob to linux really, and i just installed mandrake 10.1, and the install was clean and easy enough. But when i go to boot linux, i start in the command line, common problem among beginners on this forum i see, but anyway i login and type startx or xstart whichever it is, and it doesnt load the GUI, it tells me that no screens are found. and there is an error connecting to server X or something, uh, yea... is it my videocard driver? how would i go about installing the correct one (with NO internet access cause i have wireless which isnt configured yet) from the command line?

Linux Guru
    Yeah, it's probably the driver that your configuration file xorg.conf calls for. This thread may help for starters: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/top...tml&highlight= The correct driver may be in your system already and it may just be a matter of editing org.conf for the right one.

edit:
    Check the file var/log/Xorg.0.log to see if there are error messages that make sense.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better