Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey all, im not sure this is strictly a "linux" newbie question, but... I've never really bother with checksums before, call it laziness. But I dl'd the dvd iso of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

fc3 md5sum

hey all,
    im not sure this is strictly a "linux" newbie question, but...
    I've never really bother with checksums before, call it laziness. But I dl'd the dvd iso of fc3 from a mirror at berkley i think, and when i went to run md5sum, the cursor just went down a line and i couldnt get out of it. I tried q, x, ctrl-q, ctrl-break, etc., but to no avail. I finally just closed my console window. I then went to kbe3, and it found the checksum, which did not match the listed one on fedora's site. Now, I obviously dont know a whole lot about md5sum, and admit this might, or is probablly, a PEBKAC, but any tips on this? Im using SuSE9.2 pro now, and wanted to install fc3 on another partition and configure it as a LAMP server, just to fool around. I did notice that the dvd iso isnt available on the actual fedora server, so im wondering if thats part of the prob. Thanks in advance, I know this is a bit of a vague question...
    Jeff

Linux Engineer
    If the checksums don't match, you have a corrupted ISO. You'll need to download it again and recheck.
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7