Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have two networks (for exaple 10.1.1.0 and 10.1.2.0) how i can redirect broadcast packets from each to ecach network ? Sorry but using WIN`s impasible .........
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    pe
    Just Joined!

Broadcast routing

I have two networks (for exaple 10.1.1.0 and 10.1.2.0) how i can redirect broadcast packets from each to ecach network ? Sorry but using WIN`s impasible ......

Linux Enthusiast
    broadcast doesn't go outside your subnet. Can't be done without crazy(read wrong) routing rules. And even then I don't know if it can be set up.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux Engineer
    Why exactly do you want to do this?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    There is a kernel config option called "Multicast routing". I haven't examined it any closer, but maybe it can be configured to do what you want.

Linux User
    well anything that conforms to the standards will not forward a broadcast - that can bring network/servers to their knees in notime with traffic (and some more complicated issue) - hence wassy's comment about "wrong" rules.

Now having said that you can of course DO it, just remember that we told you not to - you can seriously mess things up - and make 100% certain if you do it, it stops at your gateway out - or you will really get on people's nerves
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.