Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Well, I am very pissed off. Because it is very hard to connect to internet even through knoppix. I have to turn on my modem and computer at the right ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Well, I am very pissed off. Because it is very hard to connect to internet even through knoppix. I have to turn on my modem and computer at the right times in order for it to work.

Anyways I have no clue if my friends even have the windows CD. I mean they probalbly threw it away.(I never had one to begin with!) So yeah. I need it like mailed or something...

In knoppix it never lets me download onto my hard drive. Why? It always acts as if the hard drive is a file itself. And it's not! So wtf?! I would download another ISO and then burn it(Suposing I can somehow) and then have a better op.

Code:
    su -
    <password>
    dhcpcd
    I battled with SuSE a bit but I eventually was able to get my internet up and working with dhcpcd, run that command as root and it might work.

And you go right ahead and try to steal Windows, just don't come back here crying that it says you cannot update your system, download MS Anti-Spyware Beta, etc. Your arrogance is not tolerated here.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TridenT_Boy3555
    In knoppix it never lets me download onto my hard drive. Why? It always acts as if the hard drive is a file itself. And it's not! So wtf?! I would download another ISO and then burn it(Suposing I can somehow) and then have a better op.
    If you are using Knoppix 3.9:

Open terminal
    # su
    # passwd
    > Type new UNIX password
    > Retype new UNIX password

# mount -rw /dev/hda1 (assuming your SuSE is on first partition)

Open:
    Programs --> System --> Run as different user
    run: mozilla
    As user: root

Type: password you chose in command prompt.

In Mozilla:
    find your ISO, then right click, save as, choose location:

/mnt/hda1/home/your_user_in_SuSE

Restart into SuSE, and use K3b to burn your ISO to CD/DVD.

Done.

P.S. Do not put stupid messages about Windows!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I'll try it tommorrow lol.

Just Joined!
    Well I have been trying this. And anyways when I try to open the mnt folder the whole thing stalls. Everytime. And there is no way to just type it in. What do I do?

I seriously think you should give up on Suse, at least for now, and install Knoppix instead. Once you install Knoppix, you can easily download a different iso and burn it to disc.

Boot up Knoppix, and do whatever it you do to get the internet connected. Then, open a console window and type in the command:

sudo knoppix-installer

It will offer a few different styles of installation. Choose the traditional Debian style.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

Linux Enthusiast
    Well I have been trying this. And anyways when I try to open the mnt folder the whole thing stalls. Everytime. And there is no way to just type it in. What do I do?
    I did it yesterday on Pentium and it worked (konqueror stalled, but mozilla worked). I will try again on AMD and see what happens.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlo_7
    I did it yesterday on Pentium and it worked (konqueror stalled, but mozilla worked). I will try again on AMD and see what happens.
    I have tried on AMD and it works. When you are saving a file, you are prompted to choose a location:

Look in: /

you will see folders in /

double click on mnt,
    double click on hda1,
    and so on...

It works for me. For Knoppix you need enough memory to run programs. If it stalls, it is probably because there is not enough memory (don't forget that whole Knoppix is also running in the memory). So, if you luck memory, swap partition or phisical installation to HD may help.

Pavlo

P.S. You have 500 MB of RAM. That is what I have on AMD and it works.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3