Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
So I installed Linux Suse. 9.1 Personal. (I do not wanna get 6 cds..But I will download patches then install if there is a way of that!) So anyways. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Why Linux why?!

So I installed Linux Suse. 9.1 Personal. (I do not wanna get 6 cds..But I will download patches then install if there is a way of that!)

So anyways. I install it.I have windows still on. Internet doesn't work. Pop in knoppix it does work one out of ten times...I got 2 hard drives. I wipe my 80 gig hard drive containing windows. And a new version of linux suse goes on.(9.1 personal) My other hard drive stays out. So...Anyways the internet still doesn't work. I am dumbfounded. I am pissed more thananything. And panicing. And Well Frozen Bubble just get's boring It's fun though...Btw..That makes me wonder. When you lose does it call you a newb?? Because it sure does sound like it! Damn penguins callin me newb. ANYWAYS

I am on knoppix and my internet is working! Thank god!!!! And it isn't my ISP! I double checked. He said my modem is in tip top coniditon etc etc Your all Green. SO! WHY LINUX WHY?!

TridenT

So the question is how to make the internet work on suse??

Did you go through all the config steps during the installation?? Are you trying to get on wirelessly, or with a wire?? What's the output of ifconfig (and iwconfig if you're trying to use wireless)?? Are you trying to use dial-up?? DSL?? Cable??

Don't give up yet!
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Just Joined!
    Charter Cable. Wire. I have no clue what your config thing is...I am a Windows user normally....But since it's gone...(And I have no clue where I can download it...) I am screwed.

Go into YaST, Network Devices, Network Card, your network card should be listed, select the card/configure it for DHCP, and you should be good to go.

When you were installing suse did it ask you anything about "network configuration" or anything like that??

Also, do this and post the output here,
    Code:
    su
    <Type your root password>
    ifconfig
    EDIT:: Londojowo's advice is better. Only do what I said if things don't work once you've done what he asked!!
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Just Joined!
    Alright I'll try that.

Linux User
    prepare to do some reading up on basic *nix skills, not that we wont help but you have to give your self a few months with linux.
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

Just Joined!
    Seems the only way I can get on is if I boot up knoppix after 30 minutes of leaving everything off! So I cannot figure out the problem. I installed multiple times. Every test time it said a another DHCP Something was already in use?! Wtf!? This is urgent please hurry.

What motherboard do you have?

Just Joined!
    Well if you can tell me what mother board comes with a HP Pavilion a250e ... :-/ But all I know is..I am beyond unhappy. No windows, No internet, Boring TV Shows! Anyways. If you can tell me how to find out what motherboard I have i'll be happy...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast