Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Well, there are quite a few pages to search through and i'm a bit lazy. I was just wondering what distro would be good for CS 1.6, CS:S. and WoW. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gaming Distro...

Well, there are quite a few pages to search through and i'm a bit lazy. I was just wondering what distro would be good for CS 1.6, CS:S. and WoW. I'm completely new to linux and figured it might be better. Any and all help will be appreciated

Just Joined!
    i don't play CS(:S) but i installed WoW earlier today and it's working fine, i also have SWG installed and working.

I have SuSE 9.3 Pro running Cedega on Computer #3(from my Sig). Might try that.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by crogue5
    i don't play CS(:S) but i installed WoW earlier today and it's working fine, i also have SWG installed and working.

Cedega? What is that lol

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drauch
    Quote Originally Posted by crogue5

Cedega? What is that lol
    it's essentially an emulator that will run some windows games in linux

more info here: http://www.transgaming.com/products_linux.php

Linux Enthusiast
    There is not a gaming distro as per say, so yeah, definitely try Cedega, and also WINE

Just Joined!

Alright...

Now the big change has to be software. Agh! Anywhere I can go to learn about what software will run?

...?

The Cedega Games Database is at:

http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/

Also, some games have a native Linux client. Not too many, but Doom3 and Neverwinter Nights come to mind.

Just Joined!

TGZ or RPM?

What does SuSe use? There are 3 different extensions and I'm not sure which one to get/will work. I've found .tgz, .deb, and .rpm

Re: TGZ or RPM?

Quote Originally Posted by Drauch
    What does SuSe use? There are 3 different extensions and I'm not sure which one to get/will work. I've found .tgz, .deb, and .rpm
    SuSE, Fedora, Redhat Enterprise, and Mandrake all use RPMs. Debian, Ubuntu, Mepis, Linspire, Xandros and any other distro based on Debian use DEB. Slackware and pretty much all other distros that don't use either RPM or DEB will use TGZ.

I know it's confusing.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

Thank you.

SO far I have gotten tons of help and have decided to Stick with SuSe AMD 64, Cedora, and Point2Play. Now for my last question. I have an Asus K8V SE Deluxe Mobo and was looking to find drivers. I have searched myself with no luck.... even the manufacturers websites. Can anyone help me with this? And is my choice a good one?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast