Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Wow, that's alot of choices. But someone told me that it's best to stick with Red Hat 9 first because alot of people have it and support would be easier ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wow, that's alot of choices. But someone told me that it's best to stick with Red Hat 9 first because alot of people have it and support would be easier to get. Is that true? I still want to try it out first though. So anyone that has Red Hat 9, please help me get started! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by choylifutsoccer
    Wow, that's alot of choices. But someone told me that it's best to stick with Red Hat 9 first because alot of people have it and support would be easier to get. Is that true? I still want to try it out first though. So anyone that has Red Hat 9, please help me get started! Thanks!
    Both Fedora and CentOS are based off of Redhat's version of the Linux kernel, and both have a pretty strong support community. This forum is very good IMO (and I wasn't always a mod). I would recommend you use a newer Linux than Redhat 9 simply because you'll have less of a chance of *needing* support.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2