Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know I should not be asking questions related to the blue screen of death (if you know what I mean), but I'm curious about the temporary files that we ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet temporary files

I know I should not be asking questions related to the blue screen of death (if you know what I mean), but I'm curious about the temporary files that we all accumulate every time we get on the Internet.

Can anybody tell me what happens to them or if there's a place somewhere deep inside my misterious KDE graphical interface where I can go and delete them all so they don't clog my system's memory?

Greatly appreciated

Linux Engineer
    It depends which web browser you're using. Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox store cookies and temporary files in ~/.mozilla. If you're using Konqueror they might be in ~/.knoqueror or some other similarly-named directory.

But there should be a way to browse/manage these files through the web browser itself.

BTW, cookies, temporary files, and history files will not do anything to affect your memory. They'll only use up a minimal amount of hard drive space.

Linux Engineer
    For Mozilla and Firefox, ~/.mozilla(/firefox)/some-random-string.your-profile-name/.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close