Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I downloaded edonkey, which is a eDonkeyLinux1.1.tar.gz archive. I don't see any .sh file or install files, and there is an executable in the folder. Anyway, I read the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question about software install, I've read the FAQ already!

Hello, I downloaded edonkey, which is a eDonkeyLinux1.1.tar.gz archive. I don't see any .sh file or install files, and there is an executable in the folder. Anyway, I read the FAQ and I tried to use installpkg <packagename.tgz> and that didn't work, I'm running Fedora Core 4. Any help would be greatly appretiated, thanx in advance.

What files are there in the folder?

Can you run:
    Code:
    ./edonkey2000
    or
    Code:
    ./runDonkey

Just Joined!
    I made a mistake there is a rundonkey.sh file, but when I typed "./rundonkey.sh", I got this error:
    error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I also got the same error when I typed "./edonkey2000", which is the executable.

Also thanx for help, this is my 3rd attempt at trying to run only linux on all my comps, and this time I'm gonna stick with it. The last couple times, I just had so many problems installing and trying to get progs to run, I went crying back to windows.

Linux Engineer
    Try as root "yum -y install libstdc++".

Just Joined!
    I used "yum -y install libstdc++", and it installed, I was a regular user when I did it, but in the command line i went to su. Everything worked out but I still get the same error:
    [DataSpy@localhost eDonkey2000]$ ./edonkey2000
    ./edonkey2000: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ?

Just Joined!
    I found the solution, just in case someone else is having this problem.

yum install compat-libstdc++-33