Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, This summer I made a definite switch from windowsXP to FedoraCore4. I'm pretty pleased and would not intend to go back.. However, in september school kicks back in and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Running studio.net on a vm on linux?

Hi,

This summer I made a definite switch from windowsXP to FedoraCore4.
    I'm pretty pleased and would not intend to go back..

However, in september school kicks back in and unfortunately school requires me to use Studio.Net.
    I hate the fact It'll require me to install windows because of this program. I'm worried I'll need to make my pc dual-boot windows and fedora.. and managing partition space isn't fun, it'll eat up my small HDD easily.

So after a bit of googling, I was wondering if there are any good and simple open source/free virtual machines out there which'll enable me to run windowsXP+Studio.Net on linux? That way it'll only require the space it'll need.

Anyone have any experience/thoughts or tips on this?

(I never used VM before by the way)

Is dual-booting not an option for you? Most of the virtual machines I know of aren't free, and the performance for running something as resource-intensive as VS.Net is going to be pretty bad.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Is dual-booting not an option for you? Most of the virtual machines I know of aren't free, and the performance for running something as resource-intensive as VS.Net is going to be pretty bad.
    k, I thought as much, I'll guess it'll be dual-booting then
    thanks anyway!