Find the answer to your Linux question:
A while back someone posted a link to a series of questions that recommend a distribution to use. Could someone post a link up, please? Cheers, Dan...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Distribution Quiz

A while back someone posted a link to a series of questions that recommend a distribution to use. Could someone post a link up, please?

Cheers,
    Dan
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Linux User
    Cheers. I think it would be worth including this in the Announcement about distribution choice...
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
    Cheers. I think it would be worth including this in the Announcement about distribution choice...
    I don't. Nothing personal, but it's not nearly as comprehensive as it could be. Their criteria is a bit suspect IMO as well. People should try out distributions and judge for themselves which is best, not rely on an internet quiz to do it for them. Just my 2 cents.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux User
    Yeah, but some people can't download several (or even two) different complete distros in order to try them out. And it doesn't even return a single definitive choice, it gives several equally worthy contenders.

But, equally, you are the moderator... :P

Yeah, but some people can't download several (or even two) different complete distros in order to try them out. And it doesn't even return a single definitive choice, it gives several equally worthy contenders.

I suppose that's a valid point. I won't sticky it, but perhaps another moderator will.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe

I suppose that's a valid point. I won't sticky it, but perhaps another moderator will.
    The bit about the downloading or the bit about you being the moderator? :P

The bit about the downloading or the bit about you being the moderator? :P[/quote]

Haha. The bit about downloading.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants