Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 8 of 8
A while back someone posted a link to a series of questions that recommend a distribution to use. Could someone post a link up, please? Cheers, Dan...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Linux User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    379

    Distribution Quiz


    A while back someone posted a link to a series of questions that recommend a distribution to use. Could someone post a link up, please?

    Cheers,
    Dan
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

  2. #2
    Just Joined! celticgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    19

  3. #3
    Linux User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    379
    Cheers. I think it would be worth including this in the Announcement about distribution choice...
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #4
    Linux Guru techieMoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
    Cheers. I think it would be worth including this in the Announcement about distribution choice...
    I don't. Nothing personal, but it's not nearly as comprehensive as it could be. Their criteria is a bit suspect IMO as well. People should try out distributions and judge for themselves which is best, not rely on an internet quiz to do it for them. Just my 2 cents.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

  6. #5
    Linux User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    379
    Yeah, but some people can't download several (or even two) different complete distros in order to try them out. And it doesn't even return a single definitive choice, it gives several equally worthy contenders.

    But, equally, you are the moderator... :P
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

  7. #6
    Linux Guru techieMoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
    Yeah, but some people can't download several (or even two) different complete distros in order to try them out. And it doesn't even return a single definitive choice, it gives several equally worthy contenders.

    But, equally, you are the moderator... :P
    I suppose that's a valid point. I won't sticky it, but perhaps another moderator will.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

  8. #7
    Linux User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
    Yeah, but some people can't download several (or even two) different complete distros in order to try them out. And it doesn't even return a single definitive choice, it gives several equally worthy contenders.

    But, equally, you are the moderator... :P
    I suppose that's a valid point. I won't sticky it, but perhaps another moderator will.
    The bit about the downloading or the bit about you being the moderator? :P
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

  9. #8
    Linux Guru techieMoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
    I suppose that's a valid point. I won't sticky it, but perhaps another moderator will.
    The bit about the downloading or the bit about you being the moderator? :P[/quote]

    Haha. The bit about downloading.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •