Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Canon Linux driver for their MFD's and whether you have had any issues. Thanks...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Canon's new printer driver for Linux

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Canon Linux driver for their MFD's and whether you have had any issues. Thanks

I have not tried their Linux drivers, but when I searched their site for Linux Printer Drivers, they showed no results. Where did you find the drivers?

Just Joined!
    If you go to http://software.canon-europe.com/Off...C3200C1695.asp OS Linux and preferred language

Just Joined!

Canon Printer Drivers

I had some difficulty finding drivers for my iP4000. The European and Japan model is the iP4100. (I found this during a search). The Canon Japan site has an FTP server with the drivers for many of their printer in both bin & rpm. Give them a try and see if you get what you need.

scc
    Just Joined!

Question ip4000 canon drivers for SUSE Linux 9.2

I have read the various article on getting the ip4000 canon printer working. I cannot overcome the dependancy that I get when Tryi gto install the bjfilter-pixusip4100-lprng-2.50-2.i386.rpm file.. Any body able to get this working??

Just Joined!

Canon Printer Driver

Hello All,

I need a driver for my Canon Pixma MP150 and am having a devil of a time finding something/anything that will work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Just Joined!
    The Japanese Canon site has more choice (ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/bj/linux/)... I got a print driver for my MP500 from there (be warned, install instructions in Japanese so download (but not install) one of the European drivers first to get the documentation!). There is a pixma scanner driver set for sane (see www.sane-project.org). The only thing I need to do now is to be able to find a package that will let me print direct to CD using the MP500 - I don't know if CUPS will support it.

Hope this helps.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taliesyn
    The Japanese Canon site has more choice (ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/bj/linux/)... I got a print driver for my MP500 from there (be warned, install instructions in Japanese so download (but not install) one of the European drivers first to get the documentation!). There is a pixma scanner driver set for sane (see www.sane-project.org). The only thing I need to do now is to be able to find a package that will let me print direct to CD using the MP500 - I don't know if CUPS will support it.

Hope this helps.
    I am a Linux noob having a massive brainache over trying to install the Linux MP500 drivers. Can you help with the steps? I downloaded virtually everything that had MP500 in it plus the Canon CUPS driver but I don't tihnk I asm installign them in the right order as I get dependancy errors. ARGH?!!!?

Just Joined!

Printer drivers from hell

Originally Posted by Taliesyn

Hope this helps.
    Thanks, however still being a newbie to the world of Linux, I'm still a step by step kinda gal, you know - step one "do this" step two "do that' ( I guess I'm still brainwashed by Windows) I need to be babied along a bit on this - anyone able to help?

Much Appreciated!!