Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I WANT TO FIND A GOOD JOB AS A "LINUX ADMINISTRATOR". WHAT LINUX CERTIFICATION SHOULD I STUDY. WHAT OPEARATING SYSTEM SHOULD I INSTALL IN MY SMALL NETWORK (OS USED IN ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OK LINUX EXPERTS FROM THE REAL WORLD OF LINUX

I WANT TO FIND A GOOD JOB AS A "LINUX ADMINISTRATOR".

WHAT LINUX CERTIFICATION SHOULD I STUDY. WHAT OPEARATING SYSTEM

SHOULD I INSTALL IN MY SMALL NETWORK (OS USED IN THE REAL WORLD). THANKS

I have MCSA, CCNA (soon CCNP) certifications, so I have real knowledge in networking.

Linux Engineer
    An image that might intrest you: http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

try going for RH certification.

Also next time, don't post in caps as it makes it difficult to read what you are saying.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    And it makes you sound angry, try the RHCT or RHCE

THere is also LPI certification which is a bit cheaper. RHCE/T can be very expensive, whereas with LPI you can just sit the exams and self study. Exams can be sat in many IT exam centres as they are online.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for you comments and sorry for the capital letters. I will go for Red Hat Linux. I am going to install Red Hat in a PC.

What is a good book to learn Red Hat Lunix?

Thanks

I'm very much a booklearner, as long as I can be hands on. If you are looking for certification the ones mentioned above are all pretty good. On the book front there are hundreds available, but in the case of linux there is such a big community of users with a great willingness to share information. Most users here I would guess learned by playing with linux, asking questions in forums and reading up online. I actually find it hilarious that when I look up a lot of things with Windows in mind (usually for someone else) that often the first hits are linux pages. There is a wealth of information out there, and given the community nature of linux it could only benefit you to learn about the sysem for free and then only pay for exams and maybe minimal classes/literature later.

If you have a look at Knoppix you could get a good look at the system without installing it as it runs straight from CD. There are many live discs like this so you can play away safe in the knowledge that you can't realy break anything as it's all temporary.

Plus don't forget your friends here at linuxforums! We all do our best to be friendly and helpful here and questions are always welcomed. (Well unless the answer is already stickied )

Linux Enthusiast
    I like ebooks, mmmmm freeeeeee

Just Joined!
    Thanks........For you welcome to this forum and the world of Linux.

I will see you later......

Just Joined!
    I have two linux books: Sam's Red Hat Linux Unleashed Third Edition, RH 5.2 included (a gift from my ex-boss) and Sam's Red Hat Linux Unleashed RH 9. They're really great, IMO. I'm no expert, but they have solved almost every problem I've had. And where they fail, this forum succeeds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast