Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by fanfan1313 I highly reccomend SuSE 10. I'm 13 and installed SuSE 9.3 last summer as a project. However I now use it for almost everything computer related. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan1313
    I highly reccomend SuSE 10. I'm 13 and installed SuSE 9.3 last summer as a project. However I now use it for almost everything computer related. SuSE has excellant hardware detection. It configured everything perfectly on my computer except my wirless card which wasn't all that dificult to fix. Also installing programs is an ease. You don't have to use the command line. Installation is fully graphical and it allows you to keep windows if you want and you have the option of going into both. By the was Windows and Linux are called an Operating System or an OS. You can also buy it with tech support (you won't be able to download this with a dial up connection you that may be your only choice).

Also check out www.distrowatch.com for a long list of top rated distrobutions and such. Google has a "linux mode" if you want to search with it go to www.google.com/linux

Good Luck
    -FanFan
    1. That reminds me: different software works better with different hardware. If one distro doesn't work, try another.

2. You've been misinformed. Linux is a kernel, the whole OS is really GNU/Linux, since it's GNU with Linux as the kernel, plus more packages. See the link in my sig for more.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by a thing
    2. You've been misinformed. Linux is a kernel, the whole OS is really GNU/Linux, since it's GNU with Linux as the kernel, plus more packages. See the link in my sig for more.
    Smarty Artey had a party, and nobody came but Smarty Artey...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3