Results 1 to 10 of 13
I run fc4. My attemp to instaall xmms went something like this: ./configure <checking a bunch of things> checking for glib-config... no checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.2... no ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 11-21-2005 #1
glib cannot be found when installing xmms
I run fc4. My attemp to instaall xmms went something like this:
<checking a bunch of things>
checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.2... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: *** GLIB >= 1.2.2 not installed - please install first ***
I cannot really understand what this is saying. I DID install GLIB using YUM.
Thank You very much
- 11-21-2005 #2
check your version of glib,it looks like you ned glib 1.2.2 installed
andySLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
registered linux user #401845
- 11-21-2005 #3
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Luton, England, UK, Earth
You also need to configre glib too by the looks of things, but that might be because it isnt there.
- 11-21-2005 #4
Actually I have a similar issue. Not sure how you resolve this because the fact that it's looking for glib-config suggests that xmms is looking for the glib development package. I think glib-config is in fact glib-config.h (a header file needed by a C programme to compile). I seem to have the dev. version installed and glib-config definitely isn't there.
In fact XMMs is completely missing from my Mandriva install, and I can't even find a decent installable rpm version. Not sure what's happening with XMMs??
Anyway, if I were you I'd try to install glib dev package, and please tell us how you get on - your experiences would be useful.I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso
- 11-21-2005 #5
- Join Date
- Jul 2004
i think you need glib-dev
that is a common problem among rpm distros
- 11-21-2005 #6Originally Posted by fingal
As for the original topic, why compile xmms?noobus in perpetuum
- 11-21-2005 #7Originally Posted by eerokI am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso
- 11-21-2005 #8
Originally Posted by fingal
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
- 11-21-2005 #9Originally Posted by valanI am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso
- 11-22-2005 #10
I have tried a few things so far:
1. I have installed glib-devel using yum. That did not help the situation.
2. I went to the GTK site and downloaded GTK+ 2.8. When I did the ./configure, I got an error (I forgot to cooopy it down), but it again had to do with glib-config.
3. I went to yum and installed gtk-devel. It installed, but when I tried to install xmms. I ran into the same problem as before.
AND!!!! I just found out that xmms can be installed with yum.
This was quite a good learning experience though. Found out a lot about linux.