Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI, I saw a Linux os on ebay called KATANA, any one heard of this config it says its complete. Doug (( the best desktop Linux OS distribution that rivals ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Katana?

HI,
    I saw a Linux os on ebay called KATANA, any one heard of this config it says its complete.
    Doug

(( the best desktop Linux OS distribution that rivals Windows XP Home and XP Pro. The Blue Katana provided distribution of the best desktop Linux package is the most user friendly operating system available. You are allowed to install it on as many systems as you wish. Blue Katana comes with a full range of applications which are installed along with the operating system. Some of these include a full office suite, Instant Messaging, ipod file manager, Palm Pilot synchronizing tool, media players (CD and DVD) CD and DVD burning tools, games, internet firewall, and dozens more!
    ))
    [/img]

Linux Newbie
    I've never heard of KATANA. Beware, as it could be a sham. I'm looking at that screenshot, and I can tell you that this could be done with the correct amount of tweaking on any Linux distro. You don't need to buy a commercial distro to make it look nice.
    --Dachnaz [Fuzzy Llama]

Linux Engineer
    There's nothing special about that.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Re: Katana?

Quote Originally Posted by djnzlab1
    You are allowed to install it on as many systems as you wish. Blue Katana comes with a full range of applications which are installed along with the operating system. Some of these include a full office suite, Instant Messaging, ipod file manager, Palm Pilot synchronizing tool, media players (CD and DVD) CD and DVD burning tools, games, internet firewall, and dozens more!
    Sounds like a lot of other distros.

If you are looking for one, I would suggest one that has all this (which as I mentioned is a lot) and is much more well known so you can get better support from the community.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

I also have never heard of it, I cannot find it on eBay (a general search for "Katana Linux" reveals nothing, nor does "Katana" under Computers), and a Google finds nothing.

I will say that every Linux distro either comes with those by default or makes it extremely easy to install them. So ignore that...it's most likely a scam.

Just Joined!

Link

HI,
    here;s link it looks a little like a susie clone to me, I ve heard of a KATANA hardware company maybe they built this software for their server's they sell and had a few extra cd's he bought, It looks like a generic susie. But its really a version of Debain 2004 .. I found the icon on the broswer, go figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FINALLY-THE-BEST...QQcmdZViewItem

Just Joined!

thanks guys n gals

HI
    thanks for getting me back on track ,I have decided to get a complete Debain system instead and will be visiting that debain forum in the future.
    Saved me a headache I am sure.
    Doug