Find the answer to your Linux question:
I use Mircosoft Natural Keyboard Pro, KDE, Fedora Core 4. On the keyboard, I have this button called "media". I want to set it so that when I press that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Shortcut key to do "CL_ALL=zh_big5 beep-media-player"

I use Mircosoft Natural Keyboard Pro, KDE, Fedora Core 4.
    On the keyboard, I have this button called "media". I want to set it so that when I press that "media" button, beep media player will run with Chinese enabled. To have beep media player Chinese enabled, I need to go to the terminal and type in CL_ALL=zh_big5 beep-media-player.

So I decided to go to kHotkeys, and try to somehow put "CL_ALL=zh_big5 beep-media-player" in there. Nothing was suitable for this function. Even, the command/run line was no use. I tried the menu edit, and it was no use as well.

If there is no way of doing this, I would at least like to have beep media player with Chinese start automatically when I log in.

Any suggestions?
    Thank you.

For my keyboard, I use a dameon called LinEAK, which allows you to assign commands to your extra keys. It has worked beautifully for me, you may be interested in taking a look:

http://lineak.sourceforge.net

I have used LinEAK before, it works exactly like kHotkeys. Both of these can assign commands to keys, but when I assign the "CL_ALL=zh_big5 beep-media-player", it doesn't work. This line does not work even when I run "Command/run" from the KDE menu. It only works when I run it from terminal. I think it might have something to do with how locale works.

Ah, okay, I see.

I dunno if this would work, but try this script:
    Code:
    CL_ALL=zh_big5
    beep-media-player
    And assign that to the key, maybe?