Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi, I was trying to install Fedora for one of my box and always crash. It always get error message that there is a problem with video card etcccccccccccccccccccccc I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux installation help for newbie

Hi,

I was trying to install Fedora for one of my box and always crash. It always get error message that there is a problem with video card etcccccccccccccccccccccc

I have succesffully installed Linux on other box, now Now, I am trying to install XP for this box, but it gives error when I boox with XP. It says
    operating system error, How do I forma and install XP in this box.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Linux User
    Should always install windows first. Now u need to format all ur disks. Reinstall windows and then linux by resizing the windows part.
    It always get error message that there is a problem with video card etcccccccccccccccccccccc
    It could be a good idea if u want us to help u to give us the model of ur video card and the precise error message u got

Just Joined!
    Hi,

How do I format since I am getting error message when I try to boot from windows XP?.

thanks
    mokkan

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by mokkan
    Hi,

How do I format since I am getting error message when I try to boot from windows XP?.

thanks
    mokkan
    If I understood what u said u want to reinstall coz windows wont boot so take ur windows install cd boot on it and install it: it will format ur drive and so on...

Um...

To put things a bit clearer...

Find your Windows XP Install Disc. In the installation, it will ask you about partitioning. Delete all existing partitions, and you will be left with a chunk of "Free Space". Select that space, and the Windows install will format it for you.

Okie dokie?

Just Joined!

new and looking for a good OS

hi all im a graphic disginer and looking to go in to linuxs and im asking what is the linuxs for me i work in a TV comp and all thay have is crapy winblows and when i started looking i faund 30000 linux V's to pic from and knowing my job i dont have time to experamnt so i will need the help of the ppl that know all that is you so what kinda linux do you think is good for a graphic guy and can work sum VIDS too i know im asking in a stuped way but i do need help (and sorry to you guys but i am a male :P ) and all the ppl i know that work on a linux systims are from the data departmint and thay think im looking for there jobs but all i like to have is a good strong systim that will not crash every bloody frame and crap on my work thats all and thanks from me and the ppl that live next door that know i will kill them next week :P bye

khalid najjar
    jordan

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Thank you for your help. It doesn't even boot from windows XP CD. It just says operating system error. How do I get intot the prompt where I can format my drive.

Any help?

thanks

There are two possible reasons that this is happining. It may be that you have a bad Win XP disk, but more likley, the problem in in your BIOS. When your computer boots, enter BIOS (usually F2 or delete) and check the boot order. Chances are that your comptuter is booting off of your hard drive before it tries to boot off of the cd. This would explain your OS error.

Does your bootsequence in your BIOS has the CD drive as first boot device ? If not change it.
    If that is not a solution your CD device could be broken. Replace it to see if that one boots. If you have more then 1 device capable of reading cd's in your system you could change the BIOS to boot from the other CD device if that is supported.
    I\'m so tired .....

Just Joined!
    thank you for your reply. It is prompting to enter anykey to boot from
    CD and then when I click it doesn't load from CD, it just go to blank page.

Any help?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast