Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does Debian come with ndiswrapper? I need it for my wireless network adapter and to get internet connection with my linux computer. In the past I have had some bad ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kbk

Ndiswrapper with Debian

Does Debian come with ndiswrapper? I need it for my wireless network adapter and to get internet connection with my linux computer. In the past I have had some bad times getting it installed and working in other distrobutions.

Linux Enthusiast
    You can't really say what debian 'comes with' because so many people do a net install, then all that there is, is a base. If you install it from apt, then yeah, it will be there, but I doubt that it will be in a base install.

kbk
    Supposing I purchase the installation cds from somewhere, would it be with them?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    Well, there are 14 of them, it should be.

Linux User
    ndis wrapper is on CD 14 of the set.. so I revise my earlier reply you will want CD1 and CD 14 for your install...

Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r0a "Sarge" - Official i386 Binary-14 - [ List contents ]
    pool/main/n/ndiswrapper/ndiswrapper-utils_1.1-4_i386.deb
    pool/main/n/ndiswrapper/ndiswrapper-source_1.1-4_all.deb
    pool/main/n/ndiswrapper-modules-i386/ndiswrapper-modules-2.6.8-2-k7-smp_1.1-2_i386.deb
    pool/main/n/ndiswrapper-modules-i386/ndiswrapper-modules-2.6.8-2-k7_1.1-2_i386.deb
    pool/main/n/ndiswrapper-modules-i386/ndiswrapper-modules-2.6.8-2-686-smp_1.1-2_i386.deb
    pool/main/n/ndiswrapper-modules-i386/ndiswrapper-modules-2.6.8-2-686_1.1-2_i386.deb
    pool/main/n/ndiswrapper-modules-i386/ndiswrapper-modules-2.6.8-2-386_1.1-2_i386.deb
    /debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/jigdo-cd/debian-31r0a-i386-binary-14.jigdo - 07 Jun 2005

You can search for specific packages with this tool, it will list what CD the package is on..

http://atterer.net/jigdo/jigdo-search.php?q=
    far...out

Linux Enthusiast
    Hehe, we posted at the same time

kbk
    Well I will probably be getting it from my friend for xmass so that takes care of that. I just hope it takes care of my problem with downloads and stuff freezing my system. That and I want to switch to a more uh standardized distro..